Written by Ken Quigley
November 01 2021
Keystroke is pleased to announce the acquisition of all of ASDS Computers Act! add-on products. ASDS was founded in 1989 by Steve and Jean McCandlish, and is based in Denver, Colorado. ASDS has been making industry-leading products for decades, and the management team at ASDS has been a member of our Keystroke Partner Program for the past four years. In fact, the primary developer of all of their add-ons, namely Duane Anderson, has worked full-time for Keystroke for the past three years.
Needless to say, this acquisition is good for all parties as the licensing system and development support are already in place. If you're not familiar with the ASDS family of Act! add-on products, they are as follows:
- AutoAdmin – The award-winning unattended backup and maintenance product that ensures your valuable Act! data is safe and healthy. Back up locally and/or to an FTP site and receive an email if the backup fails.
- FaxAdmin – Fax right from within Act! Send personalized faxes to one customer – or hundreds.
- MigrateAdmin – Convert GoldMine data directly into Act! without leaving valuable data behind.
- MergeAdmin – MergeAdmin merges and imports data from any ASCII data file into an Act! database on a field-by-field level. Keep your Act! data updated with crucial data from other sources.
- AutoLimited Access -Automatically set your contact, company or group limited access rules on the fly with Auto Limited Access (support for Opportunities to be added!).
- DocAdmin – Scan and attach documents right from within Act! with only one click (support for Opportunities to be added!).
- NumUp – Increment or decrement numbers on a field in Act!. This product will be rebranded as "AutoNumbering".
One meaningful change we'll make to many of these products is the introduction of "Maintenance & Support" (M&S). Previously these products had to be purchased for a particular version of Act!, which required them to maintain many code-bases and made upgrading Act! costly for the customer. With M&S, the first year of software maintenance is included in the purchase price, providing the customer updates throughout the first year. After that, a non-mandatory M&S fee (35% of the current list price per license).
Beyond simply licensing updates, our first objective is to update all of these products to support the new 64-bit Act! v24. We'll be releasing these updates in the coming days and weeks, but as Duane developed all of these products over the years, he has unique insights into how best to update them.
Keystroke is really excited to add these fine time-tested products to our portfolio of one hundred plus add-ons. We expect these products to be updated and available for sale on our shopping cart starting November 3rd.
ASDS Winback Promotion
Keystroke has also launched a Winback promo that offers eligible past ASDS add-on customers an opportunity to save 65% on the cost of upgrading to new supported versions of these add-ons. Winback is a Win-Win for everyone, as the customers get big savings, upgraded versions of the programs they love, and be free to use them with Act! v24, the new 64-bit version of Act!.