per month/per user
- Hosted or Self-hosted customers have the choice of Act! Desktop or Cloud
Please note: Where a version is labelled below as "no longer supported", it means that version is no longer available for sale through Swiftpage, and that Swiftpage does not offer technical support on that release anymore. Please click HERE for details on Swiftpage's "obsolescence policy".
Act! Premium v25 is here, and it's the first new Act! release since v24 came out in October of 2021. Act! v25 helps businesses by providing richer insights, better communication tools, and enhanced usability.
- Richer insights: Act! v25 introduces an advanced dashboard builder to Act! Insight, which allows users to quickly create custom analytics dashboards to visualize more of their data, gain meaningful insights, and react quickly to changing business conditions. Upgrades to custom tables also provide a report Designer and Wizard to help you better understand your data.
- Better communication: Extend your reach and stay top of mind with prospects and customers with SMS4Act!. SMS4Act! allows users to send ad-hoc text messages without needing to create a full-fledged
marketing campaign. Text messages can be sent for virtually any occasion, personalized, and saved as templates for future use.
- Enhanced usability: Act! v25 includes several Act! Marketing Automation and Act! Companion enhancements to improve performance and usability, including new campaign dashboard options, suppression
list filters, campaign list sorting, mobile app accessibility, opportunity filtering, and more
The six main new features that deliver these enhancements are as follows:
- Act! Insights Advanced Dashboard Builder
- Custom table improvements provide faster, more reliable list views, and new reporting functionality
- Integrated SMS Messaging
- Act! Marketing Automation Enhancements
- Act! Companion Enhancements
- Big fixes (including a schema change)
Click HERE for detailed information on Act! Premium v25
NEW 64-BIT ARCHITECTURE
Act! v24 capitalizes on the inherent benefits of today’s 64-bit hardware and operating systems – gaining full access to all available system memory for superior speed, performance, and scalability.
Why 64-bit? – It’s all about POWER!
- Memory Access: Access 17,000,000,000+ GB of RAM with a 64-bit native application vs. 4GB with a 32-bit application.
- Multi-Tasking: Run multiple applications concurrently without system lag or out-of-memory issues.
- Speed & Performance: Enjoy superior speed during high-load functions and support for large files and data sets.
- Scalability: Run multiple concurrent 3rd party add-ons optimally and support large or growing implementations.
- Security: Leverage the inherent security benefits of 64-bit hardware and operating systems.
- UI/UX Enhancements
- Select from multiple databases quickly and conveniently in the Outlook Add-In and apply toolbar actions (e.g. Quick Attach, Attach to Contact, etc.).
- New Features & Improvements
- Attach emails to history for contacts that do not have an email address in Act!, based on matching of data in other fields.
- Set up API connection to Outlook easily for locally shared hosted databases via the new Preference option.
- UI/UX Enhancements
- Pull in current contact list used during Mail Merge for attaching or recording to history.
- New Features & Improvements
- Embed images in MS-word-based Mail Merge templates from image fields on contact records.
- Resume sending Act! Mail Merge through Outlook due to fix of issue caused by latest MS security update whereas items were going to draft folder.
- Windows 11
- Deploy Act! v24 on Windows 11, releasing October 2021.
- Reap the benefits of a modern 64-bit platform with the latest security and performance enhancements from Microsoft.
- Leverage Act! subscription to stay current and compatible with the latest hardware and operating systems.
- Office 2019
- Act! v24 uses 64-bit integration for Outlook and Word add-ins, allowing for optimal performance and scalability.
- Act! Office Add-Ins support 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2019.
- SQL 2019
- Deploy pre-packaged SQL 2019 automatically for new installs for maximum performance and convenience.
- Upgrade to SQL 2019 upon install of Act! v24 if the supported version of SQL is not detected (<SQL 2014 R2)
- Benefit from the most recent SQL security, performance, and scalability enhancements.
ACT! MARKETING AUTOMATION
New Features & Enhancements:
- Capture notes and reminders and collaborate with others on template design with the new Comments feature.
- Hide individual rows or blocks of content from rendering in mobile emails to optimize optics and readability.
- Send an A/B email test to subsets of your recipient list, then automatically send the best performing version to the remainder based on the decision criteria you define.
- Trigger follow-up actions such as calls, meetings, or additional emails based on a score derived from email, landing page, and website engagement by each recipient.
- Enjoy greater design flexibility with multiple sections and a two-column display on landing page templates.
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS & CHANGES
- 150+ Defect Fixes
- UI Enhancements
- Updated graphs & charts with modern, 64-bit compatible components in Act! Dashboards.
Feature Deprecation and Changes
- Legacy Features Removed:
- Act! Dialer (removed due to lack of modem use amongst current users)
- Act! Email (antiquated 32-bit email client that was seldom used and uncompetitive with other email clients like Outlook)
- Smart Tasks (developed in 2011, this feature has fallen into disuse)
- Features Changed:
- Ecommerce connections are now supported by Zapier.
- Outlook Add-in enhancements
- Activity settings
- History functionality for custom email fields, not just primary ones
- Improved History recording accuracy
- UI/UX improvements for field feedback
- Refactored MS Word add-in
- Optimized performance through utilizing the Act! Web API
- Unifying Word & Outlook Add-ins, and AMA workflow
- Targeted parity of usage workflows from previous add-in
- Support for 64-bit versions of Word
- Quality Improvements
- Over 50+ improvements and bug fixes (please click HERE to see list)
- Act! Marketing Automation (subscription benefit only):
- Preference Center
- Unsubscribe Center
- Improved Search
- Landing page impressions
- Importing & Exporting of Templates
- Workflow Designer UI improvements
- Drag-n-drop Landing Page Controls
- SMS History Recording
- Reply to Address in Email Domains
- New drag-n-drop template elements
- Deprecation of AEM
- Changes made to reflect AEM deprecation at the end of 2020
- General rebranding
- Swiftpage changed to Act!
- No schema breaking updates
- Act! v23 updates the application not the database, so users can work in a mixed environment and upgrade with fewer concerns of schema upgrade fails.
- New! Act! Growth Suite Starter Edition
- Completely SaaS solution for basic CRM and Emarketing
- Act! Marketing automation (subscription benefit only):
- New user interface
- Turnkey campaigns
- partner sharing templates
- Contact Card marketing automation view
- Default scoring field
- Improved logging
- Custom Table enhancements (subscription benefit only):
- Create groups based on custom table values
- Create advanced queries
- Set layouts by user
- Enhanced parent / child setup
- Control tab order
- Google Integration Updates:
- Support for new Google Authorization scopes
- Support for new Google API updates
- General Improvements & Changes:
- New formatting options for Web Layout Editor
- Performance & Quality Improvements
- Act! Pro v22 is being released with the fall launch of Growth Suite, but will only be sold through June 30th, 2020, after which it will be permanently discontinued
- Act! Premium will cease to be available for purchase separately any more
- Quantity discounts will be re-introduced with new pricing (off-plan discounts available for past Act! Premium customers, and special migration rates for Act! Pro customers
- Adoption to SQL 2014 only
- Scheduled sunsetting of Act! Pro version
- Act! Marketing automation (subscription benefit only):
- New Template Designer and library; Campaign Management and automation; Surveys, web forms, asset tracking, and other advanced features
- Revamped Opportunity management and display enhancements (subscription benefit only): Interactive filter panel and in-context KPI's; New sales pipeline management view
- Key Compatibility Updates: Updates to .NET Framework and SQL Server; Preliminary testing with Office 2019 (unconfirmed until MS release)
- Windows & Web custom tables technology (subscription benefit only): Cascading drop downs through web
- Ask Act! with create Notes & Activities through Alexa
- Improved Outlook Integration - support for inbound email History recording
- Windows/Web feature parity improvements: Mail Merge for web; Manage Activity types through web
- Security & Privacy Enhancements: Complying with GDPR documentation; Updates to .NET framework with improved security; SQL 2014 SP2 supporting higher security protocols; SOC 2 compliance
- Insight support for custom tables (subscription benefit only)
- Amazon Alexa voice integration*: Ask for key Act! contact and calendar details, then sit back as Alexa tells you what you want to know
- Act! Insight dashboards*: Guide decision-making with rich insights from interactive, graphical dashboards. See dynamic, visual snapshots of real-time metrics for sales productivity and performance, sales pipeline health, top
performing products, win/loss analysis, and more.
- Fresh, new look: Experience a fresh, new look with visually stunning design updates consistent across Windows® and Web. Updates include a modern navbar, new big button menu design, contemporary icons, and more.
- Optimized Act! emarketing workflow: Execute campaigns and track results in five newly designed, easy-to-follow views — Overview, Options, Create, Send, and Track with full-screen Call Lists.
- Compatibility & usability improvements: Work with Act! on Chrome for Mac, plus benefit from numerous usability improvements that make Act! even better!
* Available with Premium Subscription Only
- Compatible with 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, and 2010
- Act! Companion mobile app*
- Act! Premium Contact Link for use with Outlook*
- Web API-based connections available to Windows users with Act! Connect Link*
- Act! Emarketing performance improvements - campaigns send up to 5 times faster
- Act! Emarketing campaign management enhancements
- 30+ refreshed standard reports
- Scan for Duplicates and formatting toolbar in layout designer available in Web and Cloud*
- Hundreds of quality updates
* Available with Premium Subscription Only
- Advanced subscription management and easy access to the newest features and updates available for Act!
- Compatible with Windows® 10, Office 2016, and Chrome™ and Internet Explorer® 11 browsers
- Act! emarketing and Call List improvements including advanced administration for user roles, and new filters for Call Lists
- Web API platform enabled, allowing for meaningful connections to business productivity tools
- Fresh, modern look for Act! Premium for Web
- One-way Syncing with Outlook provides safe "address book" and "calendar" syncing between Act! & Outlook.
- Improved Smart Tasks allow you to trigger emails based on click-thru responses to SwiftPage email campaigns.
- Improved Smart Tasks can also be configured to set "limited access" to contacts based on field values so your database security can manage itself.
- Create unlimited Browse login users without additional licensing
- Integration with external file storage services like DropBox and Google Docs.
- Attaching a photo directly from your mobile device to your database
- Improved Database Management with Act! for Web as you can now import CSV files, cut new RDB files, and lock/unlock your database through the web
- Disabling view of Inactive Users allows you to archive old users without having to see them when scheduling
- Improving Deployment with enhanced "silent install" features
- Calculated Fields & Age Calculators
- Improved Company & History Management
- Improved HTML5 Features for Act! Premium Mobile with Mobile email & Group, and Company Management
- Tablet users will enjoy the optimized “Tablet View”
- Improved Database Management with Act! for Web as you can now define fields and layout from Web
- Re-scheduling multiple activities
- Scheduler Email Results if a backup or maintenance fails.
- Office 2013 and Google Chrome compatibility
- Sage Act! Premium Mobile now includes Opportunities
- Social Updates, view customers last 25 posts made on LinkedIn and Facebook from their contact record
- Smart Tasks now run offline and include data/field triggers for automatic updates
- Optimized download and install experience, identifies and installs missing technology components
- Usability improvements based on customer feedback
- New wizards to help create a remote database, moving and sharing a database
- Mobile clients work with Android Device Browsers 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, and 4.0, and Safari for iPad and iPhone iOS4 and iOS5
- Sage Act! Premium Mobile, real-time access to Sage Act! Premium contact and calendar details from iPhone, iPad or Android device introduced with SP2 (April 2012)
- Automatically post e-marketing messages to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter with Social Sharing (April 2012)
- Sage Act! Scratchpad, a convenient, virtual notepad
- Expanded Universal Search
- Seamless interaction with Gmail
- Google Contacts and Google Calendar. sync
- Mobile access to Sage Act! contacts and calendar with Sage Act! Connect
- Connections Page provides central access to web-based services, including Sage Connected Services
- Works with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4
- Sage Act! Connect
- Related contacts
- Seamless interaction with Microsoft® Outlook® email
- Fast Access to previous lookups
- Group and Company Security
- Improved Database Synchronization monitoring
- Sage Act! included Act! Scheduler
- Smart Tasks, which is like workflow, only easier
- Leads with Sage Business Info Services for Act! powered by Hoovers
- Microsoft Outlook contact and calendar sync with both Act! for Windows and Act! for Web
- Direct import from Excel, no .csv required, as well as "on-the-fly" field creation during imports
- Works with Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows® 7
- Upgraded to work with SQL2008
- Improved Email security that controls whether sensitive "user-to-user" emails are attached to Act! History
- Graphical dashboards
- Duplicate checking by first and last name
- Duplicate checking for groups and companies
- Advanced Queries for groups and companies
- Support for custom tables introduced with SP2
- Upgraded to use SQL 2005
- Last email field
- Specify linked contact and company fields
- Field-level security (Premium only)
- En masse security for notes, history, and opportunities
- View LinkedIn®, Facebook®, Google Maps and more from within Sage Act! under the new "Web Info" Tab
- Email marketing with Sage E-marketing for Act!
- Reports view
- Simplified navigation that provided a consistent look across Act! for Windows and Web
- Welcome page with feature tours, help, and news from Sage
- Customizable opportunities
- Dramatically Improved Act! For Web as mail Merge with Word is supported and over all speed increased
- Support for iCalendar
- Act! Mobile Live (later became Sage Act! Connect)
- Completely re-written & upgraded to run with SQL2000 from Foxpro
- Multi-select values
- Customizable drop-downs
- Rich text formatting
- Attach documents to activities, notes, and history
- Groups with dynamic group membership
- Company records
- Multiple calendar views
- Opportunity list view
- Instant quotes using supported versions of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Sample sales processes
- Graphical sales pipeline
- Preformatted reports
- Export to Excel
- Query-based sync
- Customizable opportunity field names and types
- Citrix and Terminal Services
- Automatic database backup and sync