Have questions about how you can plan better with Link2Events?
Smarter Event Planning with
For most small businesses, the events are scheduled and the people invited to them are often both in their Act! database. So what if there was a single online service that enabled you to manage your events better and with less effort from within Act!, with no duplication of work, and helped maximize your attendance? That service is now available, and it's called Link2events (formerly known as "Book2events").
Built on the foundation of our popular Link2calendar appointment setting service, our new Link2events makes planning events a snap. Simply create an event with Link2events, and watch as the magic happens.
System Requirements & Subscription Terms
- A current Act! subscription (Act! v18 or higher)
- Act! security role of "Standard" or higher, with WebAPI permissions assigned
- Act! Premium Cloud with a WebAPI URL, or locally install Act! Connect Link
- A Link2events subscription
- Act! WebAPI v1.0.409.0
- All prices listed are in USD, and billed per user/per database
Fast facts every Act! user should know:
Schedule Event online & push it to Act!
Generate a URL to publish event details
Publish an online link to distribute or publish that people can click to learn about your event. This link will include all event scheduling details, plus a memo field for longer event descriptions. You can even incorporporate a unique event-specific image to post at the top of the event page.
Process easy online event sign-ups
Provide them the ability to register for your event online and have thos responding automatically added to the group in your Act! database that Link2events created for that event.
Update or add Act! Contacts
If the contact that signs-up is in your database the activity is linked to them, and if they're not, they get added and then linked. In cases of existing contacts, no field data gets overwritten
Present them with an invite after signing up
After they sign-up, Link2events then presents and answer page with an Outlook invitation for the same date and time so both participants have that event in their calendar. It even links the invite to your chosen email address.
Instant booking notification
Receive an instant email notification each time a reservation is made, letting you know who has registered
Automated Emails with confirmation codes
Those that sign-up are then sent a confirmation email instantly providing them a unique confirmation code and the previously undisclosed meeting location.
Limit distribution of meeting links to those with verified emails
Know in advance who is attending your event by distributing event location details, or meeting links to only those with verified email addresses. This enables you to better plan resources for your event when you have better visbility on expected attendance.
Default activity types
Set default activity type in Act! for each event for better reporting and calendar filtering of your Link2Events. The activity type is then recorded under that Contact in Act! when the event is complete.
Configure reminder emails to be sent before an event
Configure in Link2events how many hours in advance of your event your sign-ups will be sent a reminder. Both the initial sign-up email and the reminder include the event details and image you selected.
Works with Local & Web databases
Link2events works with Cloud databases using the WebAPI, and local databases using Act! Connect Link. As long as you have an Act! subscription, you can plan your events more successfully with less effort using Link2events.
Zoom & GTM Integration
Save even more time by importing your Zoom or GoToMeeting scheduled meetings directly into Link2Events (coming soon!).
Automated Event Follow-up Emails
Configure the number of hours after an event for the system to send a follow-up email, perhaps thanking them for attending. This email is composed in a separate memo field in the event setup area, and can include links to past event recordings, an "upcoming event" page, a survey form using Link2forms, or even a Link2calendar link for them to schedule an appointment with you.
Watch an animated demo of Link2events
The Link2events Workflow
- Go to Http://app.linktivity.net/Account/Login", login, and click on the Events table and create an event. * If you don't have an account, go to http://app.linktivity/Account/Register" and create a trial.
- Give your event a name, date, time, and duration, and then add all the details in the lower memo field
- Select an Activity type to create in Act! (we recommend creating an activity in Act! called "Events" with the outcomes "Event Attended" and Event Not Attended".
- When you click Save, the new event is automatically pushed to your calendar and a Group is created to track those responding to your invite
- A unique URL is created for your event, and you can post it in any digital space you manage (ie. website, blog, community page, forums, etc.) and promote them by email, as well
- As each person responds by clicking on this link, they see all the event details formatted as you designed. They'll be prompted to only add their name and email address, and when they click "Sign-Up", they'll be presented with an ICS to download to their computer or mobile device so it's added to their calendar
- Link2events then checks the email address in your database, and if there is a match, that contact is linked to the activity, and if there isn't, the contact is created and then linked. And this all happens instantly
- You and the contact are then notified by email after the sign-up confirming their registration
- The History of that Contact is also updated in Act! to reflect when they registered for the event.
- To make follow-ups even easier, Link2events adds each person that signs-up to the new Group it created for this event. You'll see the group populate on it's own, and you'll have instant visibility on whose attending, and how many, allowing you to plan your resources accordingly.
- If any event changes are required (ie., date, time, or duration), the user makes them in the Link2events web console and it will automatically update Act! when saved