Call-Aid for Act!
Call-Aid for Act! is a Dialer Add-on that works with the Desktop Version of Act and with your VOIP softphone, Skype, Magic Jack, and even TAPI devices. Call-Aid makes dialing from Act! easy and accurate, while ensuring you and your team always are prompted to record the History of the call, as well as follow-ups, as required.
Call-Aid is licensed per activation (one-time fee), and contains an integrated updater to easily receive in-version program updates.
Call-Aid is as simple to use as it is reliable. Simply click the Call-Aid icon in front of the phone field you wish to call, and it launches your softphone and dials the number. When the call is complete, the user simply completes the custom History dialogue box, and the History is recorded for that contact, along with the exact duration of the call.
- Click-to-dial launches user's softphone (VOIP, Skype, MagicJack), as well as TAPI calls for users with modems
- Custom History recording dialogue box that times your calls and makes sure your logging is accurate and consistent (available from the toolbar, as well, to use separately)
- Custom History dialogue box also support dynamic positioning. Where ever you last positioned it, it will reappear in the same place the next time it's invoked with a call.
- Auto-positions dialer icons on your layout, allowing you to choose to the right or left of the phone fields, and avoids fax fields.
- Please download the Call-Aid add-on installer from the following link:
- With Act! closed, run the setup to complete the installation
- Launch Act! and select “Try” when the registration screen pops up
- From within Act!, click Tools > Call-Aid preferences > Options
- From the drop down select “softphone”
- Click the “Softphone” tab, and then click the ellipsis at the end of the Program path field to browse to your softphone executable and select. (Skype, Magic Jack, and TAPI users select accordingly)
- The command line arguments should automatically populate once you select your softphone executable. In most cases it will be “-action=call?to=[#]“, without the quotes
Setup Assistance for Add-ons:
- Setup assistance can be purchased with this product, and this option includes the initial installation, activation, and basic configurations of the program
- Setup assistance does NOT include customization or personalization of the program, nor does it include training in its use.
- Keystroke is NOT responsible for updating your computer to prepare it for the installation of this software, as proper computer & Windows maintenance is the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Customer must be ready with all account, licensing, and other details required for activation and setup
- Service may not exceed 45-minutes and "setup assistance" does not imply ongoing warranty assistance with this product.
- Setup Assistance can only be purchased with product. If you determine you need it afterwards, the minimum support plan available is VIP Lite for $85 USD.