Act! Database Hosting Services
- Why Host Your Act! Database
- What Are User Roles and Permissions
- Steps to Act! Hosting
- Our Act! Hosting Facilities
- Act! Hosting Sign-Up
- Upload File
- Act! Hosted Program Terms and Conditions
- Act! for Web Custom Demos
- Act! Cloud Workspace
- Act! Hosting Rates
- How to setup Act! for Web & APM
- How to set up Act! for Windows
- Act! Hosting FAQ
Act! Hosting with a unique Canadian Apeel
Choose the #1 Act! Reseller in the World to host your Act! Database
You want to deploy Act! for your team, but can't budget for a new network, hardware, licensing, or staff to support it? Let us be your Act! network & Act! support team with fast, secure, and easy database Act! hosting from Keystroke - an exclusive Swiftpage "Diamond Business Partner" and #1 Act! Reseller in North America.
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc has provided professional hosting services since 1999, and we're managed by Microsoft Certified System Engineers & Act! Certified Consultants, with advanced administrative knowledge of Act! and Microsoft Server operating systems. Even larger organizations with full-time or contract IT staff realize that supporting Act! requires specialization that is not reasonable to expect of IT professionals.
Keystroke employs a mix of current model servers, all of which we own and manage. All our servers use minimum RAID5 drives for fault tolerance, are backed up nightly, and located at a Tier 3 Data Centre within 5-minutes of our head office in Toronto. Our secure Data Centre features multiple levels of security and three 5000 gallon diesel generators to provide weeks worth of uninterruptable power and Internet. What's more, all our servers are monitored 24-hours a day, so that if a single required service fails, we're notified instantly and can fix it before anyone notices.
While these specs are interesting to few, the thrust is we've made the commitment to safeguard your data, and will continue to do so.
Fast Facts about Keystroke Act! Hosting
- Exclusive Act! Hosting Provider for Canada, and member of the Act! Hosting Provider (AHP) program, which requires us to meet a number of vigorous Swiftpage hosting standards.
- The only Act! Hosting Provider with supported by Handheld Contact technical staff
- Hosting available in English and French
- All Act! for Web accounts are published in both HTTP and HTTPS.
- Exclusive Keystroke options for requesting new users and remote databases, as well as notifications for inactivity and no-sync reports
- All hosting Servers are owned & managed by Keystroke, and co-located at a Tier 3 Data Centre located within 5-minutes of Keystroke head office
- 24-Hour server monitoring ensures we're notified instantly of any service failure that our customers rely on, so that we can fix it before they notice.
- Unlimited Act! users and database storage
- Nightly backup & maintenance of all hosted databases
- Our unique multi-tenanted environment allows for optimum resource management at the lowest possible cost without compromising security
- Custom table support within within Act! for Web
The Fine Print
Act! Premium (access via web) leverages the features and functions of Act! Premium. In other words, all features in the core Windows Premium product are available in the Web product. However, some functions are limited to the server, such as administration of users, database maintenance, template and layout creation or editing and other administration functions.
In addition to inheriting all of the new features of the core product, stability and performance have been improved in this release.
Database Hosting fees include the hosting, publishing (when applicable), maintaining, and the backup of the master database. Additionally, Keystroke shall cut subscriber copies of the master database (also known as RDB's) for the customer, and make those available for download via our FTP site. Services related to the installation of the Act! software and/or the depoyment/configuration of RDB's on customer workstations or servers is NOT included, and should be considered billable by Keystroke.
Act! hosting subscribers with current versions of the Act! software must maintain a valid Business Care susbcription.
Keystroke only supports non-obsolete versions of Act! for hosting purposes.
Each Act! user requires a valid, current Act! license. Hosting customers that do not wish to upgrade to the current version of Act!, are welcome to stay subscribed with their legacy version, subject to Act's obsolescence policy. Due to licensing and support restrictions, Keystroke cannot host "unsupported" versions of Act!. Please refer to the bottom of this page for details on SwiftPage's Obsolescence policy.
Upfront Customization and ongoing changes are billable at our hourly ACC rates, and in increments of 15 minutes after the initial 30-minute minimum.
All annual hosting fees are due in advance. Short term hosting contracts can be arranged in advance, but at the next higher hosting rate.
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc. is not responsible and/or liable for database damage this hosting service may cause, or for loss of data as a result of using this service. While Keystroke Quality Computing Inc undertakes to backup and maintain customer databases, it is the customers responsibility to backup and maintain their own data. Keystroke Quality Computing Inc. is not responsible for any costs relating to any interruption in hosting service.
To avoid fraud and minimize license management, all Act! licensing must be purchased through Keystroke Quality Computing Inc. Keystroke is a Diamond Level Act! VAR, whose prices are always competitive. Keystroke recommends Act! Business Care (now Act! Subscription) as the most cost effective way of upgrading your software each year, and availing yourself of many program perks like free video training, support (Silver and Gold only), and Act! Premium Mobile
Hosting fees are calculated monthly, but billed annually in advance. If a hosting customer wishes to opt out of the program during the upgrade period, a backup copy of their database will be provided to them at no extra cost. Under no circumstances are mid-term refunds provided.
A $100 SETUP FEE applies for uploading your database, publishing, or cutting the required number of RDB file(s), and making them available for download on our FTP site.
Support & Upgrade Pricing Obsolescence Policy
Like the upgrade pricing policy, SwiftPage will only provide technical support to to current releases of Act! product, and, in most cases, two prior releases of a product. Act! customers with an active Business Care support plan that are using an obsolete product will receive support through the expiration of the existing support plan. You're not able to renew your support contract unless you upgrade to a supported version of Act!. If you upgrade prior to the expiration of your support plan, your plan will be transferred to the new product and remain valid until the plan expires.
Act! Licensing Costs:
Act! Premium Subscription
- Act! Premium and Premium Subscription (pricing may be reduced based on quantity)
- As Swiftpage continually offers seasonal promotions, please check our shopping cart for current promotional pricing.
- Quantity Discounts available.